The best way to receive the intended benefits of your medications is to take them as directed. But managing multiple medications on your own can be a difficult task. With a little help from your friends at Sterling Pharmacy, you can gain confidence in your medication routine.
If you or a loved one could use some help staying on top of your prescriptions, just give us a call. We can talk about the barriers that keep you from taking your medication on time and find ways to help you stay on track.
The following items are some of the topics we will discuss:
- Sync your medications. Pick up your prescriptions once a month, even if you are taking multiple medications. Ask your pharmacy team about medication synchronization to reduce your number of trips to the pharmacy.
- Talk about side effects. Talk with your physician or pharmacist about any unwanted side effects. There may be alternative medications available or tips for taking the medicine that will help alleviate the effects.
- Set phone reminders. Smartphones are great tools to help with adherence. Simply set daily medication and dosage reminders on your phone.
- Ask about pricing options. Unfortunately, the cost of medications is one of the biggest roadblocks for patients. Talk with your physician or pharmacy team about your medication cost. There may be alternative medication options, coupons, or discounts to help.
- Add to your routine. Place a note next to your toothpaste, coffee maker, TV remote, or any other item you use on a daily basis to help remind you to take your medication.