Don’t let the sun and heat take you by surprise the next time you enjoy this lovely summertime weather. Check out these tips to make the most of every sunny day:
- Choose the right time of day. The hottest point of every day is typically between noon and 3pm. Avoid strenuous outdoor activity during the day’s peak heat hours.
- Find some shade. If you are going to be outside for a long period of time, spend as much of it in the shade as you can to avoid sunburns and overheating.
- Stay hydrated. Bring a water bottle or two with you to stay cool and hydrated.
- Check your medications before leaving the house. Losing track of time is easy to do when enjoying the great outdoors. Bring a travel pill box with your day’s medication in case you stay out a little longer than you planned.
- Don’t skimp on sunscreen. Sunscreen does not last all day long. Check the bottle to see how often you should reapply for the best protection.
- Bring a buddy (and your phone). Everything’s better with a buddy. And, if you need help while you are out and about, someone will be there for you.